Monday, August 4, 2008

Young hot guys and funny drunk girls

It was HOT. Outside. At Lalapolooza.

But the gargantuan "concert" was good. Real good. Pretty much who I was there for was Butch Walker (who was decent but didn’t play the one song he really should have but oh well, it irked me…), then The Terrible Twos (for Bella), then Jeff Tweedy (from Wilco—who was of course wonderful and we were pretty much touching because he played on the ground next to us on the kids stage...and this is the point at which Scott might have pissed himself, or maybe it was the first point during the whole weekend that Scott might have pissed himself [he has man-love for Jeff Tweedy]), then we waited trying to find shade (which we succeeded at despite the 75,000 people there), till Radiohead started. Bonus too was that fireworks from what I think was a Sox game was in great view too and just added to the night.

All those guys, bands, were very very good. But the heat sucked. And I am not one for outside heat. So i think my favorite part was Jeff Tweedy and then Radiohead. Sorry Butch, but no Grant Park, the bad 'Stache... mech to you!

The funniest part was the young drunk girl coming up to me tell me what a cool mom I was to bring my 2 year old baby to the concert. She was in love with Bella…"she is going to be the cooooolest kid, she can brag that she saw RADIOHEAD when she was two!!!” Then I mentioned it was her 7th concert and she about died. Seriously, I looked around for possible medical attention just in case. I think Drunk swooning is funny. That and then Bella was a MAGNET for young hot guys too. They some stopped me and asked about bella too, what was her name, etc.… it was FUNNY…. If she'd been older, they would have hit on HER! hahahaa

Bella breakdowns, and that was because of the temp and the fact she didn’t get a nap, her favorite was Radiohead for sure though and she absolutely LOVED them, and she crashed in the stroller during the second to last song.

That night I became SOO sore from the day of walking, pushing the stroller, running after Bella, handling her beating and jumping on me...ugh. That didn't reside until 5 pm YESTERDAY. I was beat.

I am sure Scott will shortly have his reviews up on his blog. I think he is still reelling from all this. He had a f-ing spectatular time. Go read about it!

No comments: