Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lucid dreaming

I have the uncanny ability to wake up while in a dream. As I am dreaming, I somehow just realize while there in a dream state, that I am in fact, asleep, dreaming. So I like to test stuff.
So far in my life that I can remember I have done this more than a couple times. Each time I do something to see if I have control. Like, in one, a couple years ago, I decided to halt mid dream and see if I could fly. And I could, and it was fun. It was like having superpowers for like 15 minutes. (Now that I think about it, I think I did the flying scene thing in high school more than once. But I only remember parts since it was so long ago.)
I have climbed on a rooftop in England (had to be, it was a castle) and consciously felt the roof tiles. They were definitely soft like pillows.
My most recent was this morning. I was in a dream where I was in Sycamore and I was running around my block for some reason, and I made it to the front of my house, when I realized that Scott was running from behind the house, worried and looking for me, so I screamed to him that I was in front, but I screamed like I was in trouble (on accident), and when it came out I felt bad, so I immediately followed it with “I am alright”. When we met up, this contractor guy was there and held out a book to me telling me I had to write my phone number in it so he could call in give me estimates on a house that wasn’t even mine… So I took the book, and realized I was dreaming. So I looked at Scott, and said, “I am going to do a test.” He was like, “oookayy.“ I told him it was a dream, he said he knew that. So I said I wanted to test to see if we could really communicate or something in dreams. He said no problem! He was ready. So I said, remember this when you wake up. And I wrote something on the paper, he read it, told me he got it and would have no trouble remembering it when he woke up.

This morning when we were actually awake, I asked if he dreamt last night, he pretty much said he had no recollections. So the test so far didn’t work. But I am not going to tell, just to see if sometime, somehow it miraculously just pops in his mind someday. That would be pretty cool.

3 comments:

MookieDaddy said...

Sorry, I didn't realize I was the subject of a 3 AM telepathy test, I'll do better next time. As you saw on my blog, I was probably chasing Zoeey Deshanel around a house or something by that point anyways.

Sistagirlmibelly said...

Good luck on that one dear, don't make me break your legs. haha..ha

Sistagirlmibelly said...

Plus, that is NOT what you said in the dream!